Gtx 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason why everyone is bashing it. It will be a beast of a card performance wise and heat, power and noise wise too. That, and what about R800 that is supposed to come out at the beginning of '09, how will it compete against that? We haven't heard a thing about Nvidia's next gen cards, but there is a lot of buzz over R800.

i doubt r800 will have a significant leap over the 4870x2. i could see the 5870 being about 25% faster thats tsilll a considerable jump, and then you wil have to wait a few more months for the x2, and by that time nvidia will have its new line out for sure.

And you base that off of? R800 is a completely new architecture. I don't think anyone can accurately gauge how much faster it will be if at all. However I think its pretty evident that Nvidia will be behind ATI for releasing their next gen cards.

if the specs are true I dont see how it could be a disappointment.....I'm sure the price will be ridiculous but it should be a monster

That was just my point on it, I didn't bash it just said its going to be like 600+ like the 9800GX2 was

And you base that off of? R800 is a completely new architecture. I don't think anyone can accurately gauge how much faster it will be if at all. However I think its pretty evident that Nvidia will be behind ATI for releasing their next gen cards.

the performence jump between most sereis is 20% you rarely get anythign over 50% and even if so, a gtx350 would be faster then a hd5870. if it had anything above a 50% increase it would be a miracle product, anythign above 30% imo is a very substantial jump and 20/30% is a good jump.

the performence jump between most sereis is 20% you rarely get anythign over 50% and even if so, a gtx350 would be faster then a hd5870. if it had anything above a 50% increase it would be a miracle product, anythign above 30% imo is a very substantial jump and 20/30% is a good jump.

Like I said, you don't know it will be faster. And I have a lot of reasons to think it wont be.

-r800 is a modular design that will involve using one master chip and up to 4 simd units.
-The "master chip contains 640sp's and 16TMUs
-each SIMD unit has an additional 640sp's and 16 TMUs
-The 5870 will use all 4 SIMD units. Add that up and it weighs in at 3200SPs and 80TMUs
-r800 utilizes the Rambus FlexIO interface. which gives the 5870 a total bandwidth of 384GB/s

This means you only have 2 chips to make your entire line of cards. Think how much cheaper that is. Second you are making small chips. This increases the yields when compared to the beastly GT200 cores.

The GTX280 is a big and hot chip already. What do you think will happen when you stick two on one card? Things will get very hot very fast and the power requirements will be huge. But that's expected, Nvidia has a long tradition of making really big cards.

this isnt a question of heat its of performence its obvious the gtx350 will outperform an hd 5870 zmatt, its not going to jump 50% in performence. it wont even outperform the 4870x2 is my guesse and it will be close to it if lucky just a head by a litle. and the gtx350 is going to be faster then the hd4870x2 by the sounds of it. it still doesnt change teh fact that ati will infact have a cooler product @ a mroe resonable price, nividia will just become the top performence king, for a mostr likely very high price with alot of heat. so other wise the hd5870 is most likely going to be a better buy but the gtx 350 will be faster no doubt, and you have to stop denying it. also its supose to shrink to 55nm according to toms hard ware and its coming out late october. everywhere else says around xmass.

this isnt a question of heat its of performence its obvious the gtx350 will outperform an hd 5870 zmatt, its not going to jump 50% in performence. it wont even outperform the 4870x2 is my guesse and it will be close to it if lucky just a head by a litle. and the gtx350 is going to be faster then the hd4870x2 by the sounds of it. it still doesnt change teh fact that ati will infact have a cooler product @ a mroe resonable price, nividia will just become the top performence king, for a mostr likely very high price with alot of heat. so other wise the hd5870 is most likely going to be a better buy but the gtx 350 will be faster no doubt, and you have to stop denying it. also its supose to shrink to 55nm according to toms hard ware and its coming out late october. everywhere else says around xmass.

I wouldn't say its obvious. The 5870 is supposed to have 3200 stream processors which is double the amount on the 4870x2. Also it is supposed to be manufactured at 40nm.

the fact that there changign there design is more isight that it might not work the way we think it will, maybe it needs twice the ammount of shaders to work as fast as the last gen. ati uses 3x the ammount of shaders nvidia does but it doesnt = 3x the performence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom