256mb Galaxy Gf 6800gt ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjdup

Baseband Member
Anyone got this card. If so are you happy with it?

What sort of performance can I expect with a 6800 GT in Far cry and Doom3

Thanks;)

the GT is the midrange of 6800 families. Below it is the 128mb 6800, then its the 256mb 6800GT then after that its the 256mb 6800 Ultra. Both the ultra and GT have DDR3 memory and of course are AGP 8x but theres a $100 difference between ultra and GT. I'm going to assume it has to do with the memory bandwidth......After looking it up real quick =P The GT has a memory bandwidth of 32gb while the ultra has 35.2 and the other difference is that the ultra has 2 DVI-I Connectors and S-Video out while the GT has an S-video out, one DVI-I connector, and your normal VGA connector. GT also requires only one spare 4pin power connector to the card while the ultra requires 2 of the 4pin power connectors and I believe nvidia recommends atleast a 480w power supply.

All in all man that GT will kick some amazing ass.

I have the eVGA 6800 GT. I can say that I am never going to ATi unless i have to after the GT.

Yeah, I can't afford the extra hundred bucks for the GT muchless the hundred past the GT needed for the ultra, so I'm gonna go one step below and get the 6800 128mb whenever I get the chance, but ehh even still that thing will prove itself quite worthy

I have actually found a aopen 6800 ultra and went with that as I has the extra dosh lying around, but it all sounds great.
I'm expecting delivery of my components today and can't wait to start putting it all together
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom