First time build $2500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what size monitor are you planning on using. This will affect how much video card you need.

thanks for all the comments guys.. And as far as the OCD thing goes, i thought it was funny.. :) I should say i get obsessed and i must have the fastest and best of the best and newest parts. I know i dont need them, but i want them.. SO with that being said.. I have a Gateway 22" LP2207 to answer that question. THis is my first real build, i want to learn, but i also want quality parts.. I play WOW mostly, autocad, mechanical desktop, but if i had a better machine i would dip into other games that are more graphics intensive.. As far as overclocking, have no idea how, nor do know if i need too. I am taking your opinions and building a machine from them.. Everytime someone changes something in my list, i go to my wish list, swap the part out and wait till someone else changes it.. I figure in a week or two i will have a definitive list that i can be sure will work together, and will be a great machine.. Again thank you..

autocad, sounds like this pc will have a lot of work on it, I think another hard drive in a mirror raid to back up your work would help. Just in case. Aside from that, you could run a lot of modern games on a good graphics card and cpu. the motherboard specs are..well..based on what you want the rest of the system to do in my opinion, I'm sure there are others that will inform you more on better decisions.

Go with the ATI HD4870X2 graphics card, it is a better card overall.

Also, I would also suggest slimming your budget considering no matter what you buy will be slightly outdated within a year. Prices drop FAST.

yeah thanks guys.. i Dont really want to spend 2500 but i have it set aside to build something nice.. I want to be able to run WOW at max video settings, with the best audio and FPS that is possible.. A computer that can do that, which is not a incredibly difficult task should be fine for everything else i am going to do.. And i do have seats for autocad but its for personal use, not commercial. Thanks again for all the help

yeah thanks guys.. i Dont really want to spend 2500 but i have it set aside to build something nice.. I want to be able to run WOW at max video settings, with the best audio and FPS that is possible.. A computer that can do that, which is not a incredibly difficult task should be fine for everything else i am going to do.. And i do have seats for autocad but its for personal use, not commercial. Thanks again for all the help

A 1000 dollar computer would be able to max out WoW without breaking a sweat.

Ethan a 400$ computer could probably max out WoW without breaking a sweat (with some nice on board graphics).

Sounds like you should really cut on the budget, if your going intel, buy a qaud core , there fairly cheap and keep your mobo mid range then put about 200+ into a graphics card or less. I'm going to upgrade to the 9800 pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom