Should be Medium/High End Gaming Rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. thanks for that.. wondered why CCL had nothing, grats on the name change i guess?

thanks for all the help mate, ill be going for the Gigabyte one, would love to take you up on the offer of helping me overclock the CPU by the way!

haha. thanks for that.. wondered why CCL had nothing, grats on the name change i guess?

thanks for all the help mate, ill be going for the Gigabyte one, would love to take you up on the offer of helping me overclock the CPU by the way!
Pleasure, PM me when you order and get it. Will direct you no bother.
Don't forget the cooler too! :)
PS: As for the PM, don't check the forums EVERY day so give me a chance to answer when you do, just a note! :D

Any of the P5Q boards are good.
Yeah, I suppose. I'm a Gigabyte man myself though when it comes to motherboards. EVGA/XFX or Sapphire for Graphics, OCZ for most of the rest!

i guess you meant by the cooler that i should upgrade it to one of the ones you said?
Preferably, they're pretty good and not that expensive. Easily worth it to get the performance of a way pricier PC! While you're at it, don't forget that you need some TIM, or thermal compound for between the cooler and processor. The stock stuff it comes with is basically white gunk, useless!

Because you don't need the cooler perhaps look for an OEM processor. They do not come with fans but cost a little less. Can't be got on ebuyer or the CCL website you use so...

Because you don't need the cooler perhaps look for an OEM processor. They do not come with fans but cost a little less. Can't be got on ebuyer or the CCL website you use so...

i don't get you? your saying the processor wont work with the motherboard or something? enlighten me!

i don't get you? your saying the processor wont work with the motherboard or something? enlighten me!

Basically, I said to look for an OEM processor. These are normal processors but they don't come in a fancy retail box, but a brown box. They don't include fans or useless manuals either. But in return for dropping these you can save urself about £10.
You can't get the OEM e8600 on either of the two websites though

Did I worry you? :D

And only just noticed it was the e8600 you got. Not sure but is there a big difference between this and say, the e8500 or even the e8400 when overclocked averagely. Except for price

haha :p
you did!
money isnt an issue tbh, so i guess ill just stick with the intel one just to be on th safe side if you get me!

thanks so much for all your help btw, and accepted the FR :)

finally i can start to order some parts!

just seen the price difference, i guess ill go with your guess and get the e8400, its £70 cheaper and you say it can be overclocked to the same pretty much?

just seen the price difference, i guess ill go with your guess and get the e8400, its £70 cheaper and you say it can be overclocked to the same pretty much?
Don't quote me on that but you won't be overclocking seriously high so may never see the difference. Got to find out about the e8500 but I think either of them can hit 4GHz with the a bit of coercion! :D

fair enough!
well, i think ill go and have a look and probably go for the e8500 as i know its not far off the out the box performance of the e8800 but is a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom