Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueeX95

Beta member
Well I'm thinking of getting a new motherboard. I really dont like my Lomita Motherboard (It's what you get when you buy Emachines Models T1140/T1150). The motherboard I want is a FOXCONN "915M07-G-8EKRS" 915G Chipset Motherboard.

Foxconn Motherboard

My questions are...
1. When I get this Foxconn motherboard, will I need to get a processor? ....If so..can you guys provide a link where I can get LGA775 Pentium 4(HT) Processors

2. I'm sort of "recycling"..my question is since the Lomita Motherboard 's form factor is Micro ATX....that' means that the Foxconn motherboard also MicroATX will fit in the old T1150 case right?

3. Like I said before..."recycling"...will I be able to use my old Hard Drive,CD-RW,DVD,Floppy Drives and the power supply?

4. What kind of RAM do you guys recommend for this motherboard...I need 4x DIMM for Dual Channel DDR 400/333...

5. About Windows XP..I'm guessing I need to buy a Windows XP Cd right...unless..I can just back up my currect Windows XP..but how??..:confused:

Please someone help and thx

1. If you are planning on sticking this new mobo into your emachines, you may have a problem... I'm not positive, but the older versions of the e-machines didn't have any differences from other cases, you could just stick anything in there... the new e-machine system (as of.. 2 years ago or maybe less) when they were bought by HP i think, they made it so you couldn't just plug parts into the computer. So you may have to get a whole new case if you're thinking of upgrading the mobo. On the issue of the cpu, it depends.. is the cpu in your current system a P4 HT chip? If not, you'll have to get one because this board doesn't support anything else.

2. Like I said, we can only hope so.. you may want to take a look at where the holes are in the motherboard to fit the screws into the back plate.

3. Sure you can use all that good stuff, as long as your psu is at least a 350w. I wouldn't go lower than that.

4. Actually you only need 2 sticks of ram for dual channel, and I'd recommend nothing lower than pc3200.

5. You can backup your whole system into a big file, but you'll still need to install a fresh copy when you put your new system together. You don't HAVE to format your drive when you're putting all this stuff together, although it'd be best to get rid of future conflicts and whatnot.

I'd say since you're buying a new mobo, you mine as well just get a newer case (one that case breath better) for 50 bucks and you'll get everything in there just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom