Vaio- woth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we were pro asus. I don't have much to say about HP, but if they are anything like Compaq then don't go the route.

I'll be honest though, I love my powerbook. I can't say the same thing for the newer macs, I feel Apple dropped the ball on design and quality, but my Pbook G4 is great.

If you can get an Asus or MSI then you will be sitting pretty good.

Hp = Compaq, I personally think they're average...

I just ordered a Dell, have always liked them.

Acer = nono

Toshiba = decent, about the same as an HP or maybe a bit better

Sony = good but overpriced

you can get unlucky with any computer, just remember that

I would definitely recommend against Acers. Cheap crap most of them have been in my many years of experience dealing with them and almost non-existant support.

Sony is good but I think they're over priced. You can get an msi/asus/toshiba with same specs for less money every time and really it will be just as good. With Sony I think you pay for the name more than anything.

(this is for you and zmatt)

have either of you ever own an acer?cause if you havn't OWNED one then you really don't know what it's like.
you can fix them all the time and think that their crap just cause you always have to fix them.

but acer is kinda like ford in the way that the reason why you always have to fix them isn't cause their crap,but because theres so many of them out there.

have either of you ever own an acer?cause if you havn't OWNED one then you really don't know what it's like.
you can fix them all the time and think that their crap just cause you always have to fix them.

but acer is kinda like ford in the way that the reason why you always have to fix them isn't cause their crap,but because theres so many of them out there.
Model T for the win!

I used to work with them on a day to day basis. They are shoddy construction and are always in need of repair. And yes, if you have to fix it all the time that's bad. It's a quality called reliability.

HP is nice, Compaq not so much. Compaq is HP's cheap line. I like HP's laptops, I have a dv9700t and it feels solidly built and runs great. I'm not so sure about Dell, their newer laptops are nice but the older Latitude D laptops we had at school were the flimsiest, cheaply built things I'd ever seen, the hinges were really weak, the plastic was so thin you could literally bend the base of the laptop, a lot of the keyboards were broken, and the screens were pretty awful (low res, small, poor color, etc).

I used to work with them on a day to day basis. They are shoddy construction and are always in need of repair. And yes, if you have to fix it all the time that's bad. It's a quality called reliability.

QFT!!!

And you don't know anything about a laptop until you open it up and take a look. Most Acers are just built cheaply and from cheap materials. Asus/MSI/Sony/HP/etc. cost more because they're constructed better and use higher quality components. Period.

And zmatt, when you worked with Acers, have you ever had to send them in for warranty repairs? I've done that before and if you can stand being on hold for 2+ hours and get an approval rma 9/10 times they just reformat the hd and send it back. I've literally sent units in for new hard drives, batteries, and even keyboards and just gotten them back with a wiped hard drive and the same bad parts installed. Not exactly quality, now is it, lol!

hey guess what!?!?! i just came up with an idea for you!!!!
try reading my entire post before posting!!!(i know it's a great idea lmao)

have you ever OWNED one??(you have no idea what a comp is like unless you have OWNED one)

i did say that the main reason their always getting fixed is cause their a ton of them out there not because their crap.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A ASUS FAN BOI!!!!!

and don't tell me that i'm an acer fan boi cause i'm not i've owned acer,compaq,hp,asus and,i just think that acer is by far the best one of the bunch(asus is really good,but acer is better)

Being a fan is fine but respect others opinions. When you've been repairing and dealing with laptops as long as some of us have you get a very good perspective of what makes a good laptop and what doesn't. We like to think we know a little something about them.

And just because you own a laptop doesn't make you an expert on them. Far from it, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom