Motherboard Not detecting Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashkapoor

Solid State Member
Greetings to all the members :)

I have a Mercury motherboard with an Intel chipset (i845GL) whose properties are as follows.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

My friend lent me a GeForce 5200FX PCi Nvidia Graphics card, as he upgraded his PC and the card would be of no use to him.
The card uses an AGP slot. The card was working perfectly fine on his Motherboard. (An Intel 865G Chipset)

Now that I intend to use it for myself, the Motherboard does not detect the card at all! :(

PS: Am not a n00b at fiddling things and have tried all possibilities. Still, I believe there is something I must have missed and hope to find a solution here.

u have to turn off yoru onboard gfx and bios then install the card, and also when trying to look up your card in system info, it will be under display or devices

How do i disable the on board GFX??? :confused:

What I have done:
After I entered the BIOS, I entered the Features setup, and there in the option "Primary Graphics Adapter", I see three options
PCI
AGP
Auto

I have set it to AGP.

I have same kind of problem with my pc. I have intergrated Nvidia 6100 video card and i am trying to install in my PCI Express slot video card (8500 GT) but some reason it won't detect card in that slot. but sometimes it randomly detects and i get video from that card. so I dont whats wrong. My computer suppose to disable onboard video card when it detects from PCI slot.
I dont know what i am doing wrong. Hopefully i get my answer.

I too Have the same problem ...when i inserts my graphics card in agp slot bootscreen not flashes....but vgaworks f9 the same time....
i thnk bios update may be a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom