1st time build - Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ms(5ms gtg) Means the monitor takes 2miliseconds to go from black to white and back to black. 5ms gtg means 5ms from grey to some color back to grey. So basically the monitors response time is sometimes 2ms sometimes 5ms. Obviously the lower the better but I personal can't tell the difference between 3ms. Anyways Samsung is a great brand so I'm sure you'll love the monitor.

If you get the ocz 1066 I believe you won't need to overclock it at all since it will outpace your processor. Someone correct me on this? Either way it is really good ram and will overclock fine. If you want you could save a few bucks and overclock the 800mhz though.

4870 is good, not great, unless u do a volt mod. temps kinda limit you, but are easily fixed with a simple fan fix from 25% to 35%.
the ocz will reach about 1066mhz i think. a decent set of ram.

yea thats kind of where i am at now. everything is pretty set. I just gotta figure out which motherboard vido card combo i want. 4870 or 260 core 216. tough decision :X SO many people have different opinions on the matter.

so how is this ocz ram for overclocking. I know Iread the e8400's awesome and that mobo ya showed me was good to. Wonderin how the 4870 and ocz ram ocs

Overclocks pretty well (both)

Since the HD 4870 has that big cooler it cools pretty well and has more room, and if you Volt Mod it (it takes your warranty though), it gets more upgrade room...

the OCZ RAM kit veedubfreak has, and he managed to get his Q6600 to 4.0ghz stable (or something close to that) for his legendary 3dmark06 run's [he has our record]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom