HELP! BIOS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright.....well first off I swear to god only this stupid shit happens to me. I went into my case and removed the tornado fan because yeah its a bit loud for my liking as a case fan. after I get all the fans switched back to the way I had it. I try to start up my computer. Power goes to it......but nothin happens....no beeps....no POST no nothin.... I jump the CMOS to clear it and then the lovely little BEEP that says my computer is starting up was there....went into the BIOS changed everything back, started up... Shut it down because I needed to attach some things....Tried starting it back up...nothin again. I jump the CMOS this morning and I'm able to get into the BIOS, halfway through changing options, the keyboard stops working so I gotta restart and upon restart once again, computer is powered up but no BEEP to signal the POST no CORECELL picture on startup it just sits there. I jumped the CMOS again and this time it beeped once, shows the corecell picture, then just stays on that...the corecell picture is at the VERY beginning of bootup, it shows that screen right before post. I've only had this motherboard since april and its ****ing bullshit that I remove a fan and now the thing goes haywire.

So at this point I have no clue what to do. System was perfectly fine when I installed the tornado and moved stuff around. I move it back and now the computer fires up with all fans moving but doesn't POST, doesn't beep nothing. I haven't changed any BIOS settings, I wasn't overclocking, nothing like that.

PLEASE for the love of god I would love anyones suggestions if they have it. I have no clue what to do at this point besides buy another damn motherfuggin motherboard. =(

I've unplugged and replugged everything back in. I always double or even triple check my connections

yeah already on my mind, which is ridiculous. I can't figure out how the hell I could have possibly fried something. I always unplug the power from the power supply and turn the switch off before I even unplug the thing. I always ground myself before touching the electrical stuff. I've never felt a shock. My dad said he found two hairs laying on the board..........I feel retarded possibly claiming my board was fried from a couple hairs on it.. That sound like a possibility to anyone?

No but just because you didnt feel it doesnt mean it didnt happen. If you got some spare parts laying around i suggest you start switching your parts for known good parts. It'll at least narrow out the possibility. Hopefully its something else though...

ok well oddly enough....my dad saw two hairs lying in there and he removed them. Me being highly pessimistic I was like 'riiiight like two hairs was really the whole problem' So he removes the hairs and puts my case back on (my dad knows NOTHING about computers) he asked if I wanted it closed I said 'sure what the hell, I need to connect another fan but if it doesn't work oh well it doesn't matter' went to start it up for shits and giggles and low and behold I'm able to get into the BIOS, change my settings from default, and load into windows......now the only thing is though. I'm afraid to shut it down or restart cause this might be a fluke thing =/ but I need to get that fan connected sometime....so yeah I don't know. Maybe it was a hair, sound like a possibility?

Not likely, but anything can happen. Such as those two hairs being super-charged with electricity. Haha.

Good god man.....you won't believe it. Ever since the hairs were removed....its worked. When he first removed them it booted up allowing me to get into the BIOS then from there went into windows....I did a restart....computer restarted fine...so time for the ultimate test....SHUTTING DOWN!! So I shut it down, re-connected the fan that had been disconnected.....terrified as hell went to turn the computer back on and VOILA! Still POST'd and booted into windows......moral of the story......wear a hairnet when working with your computer =/

Hahahahaha. Man, i dont know all about that. Im sure it was a hellofa coincidence. Two small hairs preventing a computer from posting correctly?Sounds insane. You should google it and see if its a common occurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom