How to connect monitor straight into Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknot07mt

Beta member
I'm wanting to start a project with a mini-itx motherboard, putting the motherboard and screen into the same case like a tablet pc, but I'm wondering is their anyway to connect the screen to the motherboard without using the huge VGA cable?? Any ideas will be helpful, my only other choice is to buy a laptop motherboard and screen from ebay and go from there.

I don't think that would be the best idea, trying to hot-wire the monitor onto your motherboard, the onboard video wouldn't be as great and you still need to worry about stability, power etc.

I was thinking about your idea a little last night, I thought it might be cool to build a case heavy enough to support the monitor from the beginning.

You take an LCD arm, attach it to the case, so it has mobility and can fold into one side of the case.

Only problem is, the case would have to be quite large to support that weight, I mean, most arms are roughly what, 20 to 70lbs? Same thing for a monitor, while there small, most LCD screens are around 8 to 15lbs dependent on the size.

I don't know, that's the only other idea I have.

Second, think about the cost, are you really getting anything out of attaching a touch screen, probably 500+ by attaching it to a case when buying a tablet laptop or large touch screen display is more reasonable?

If you have the money to go through it, then try and see all of your options, otherwise, get the tablet pc.

I'm trying my best to explain what I want to do, on the motherboard how the vga connector faces out, I need it to face the other way. or sit vertically, either way would be fine. I want the usb connectors and ps2 and everything to face outside the case like their suppose to, but I want to be able to connect the monitor from the inside. Does that make better sense??? Sorry I'm trying my best.

I'm trying my best to explain what I want to do, on the motherboard how the vga connector faces out, I need it to face the other way. or sit vertically, either way would be fine. I want the usb connectors and ps2 and everything to face outside the case like their suppose to, but I want to be able to connect the monitor from the inside. Does that make better sense??? Sorry I'm trying my best.

imo buy a mac and put windows on it seems like your just buildign your on version of oen anyway.

It's already a PC; uses PC components, only difference is that it uses OSX, and is made by Apple :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom