Overclocking a e5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it will have multipliers for the ram (kinda like AMD in that sense, but not really), and changing the FSB if you have not made any adjustments to the ram settings will increase the ram speed.
unfortunately, i dont know anyhting about that mobo. i cnat believe that no one else has posted that has knowledge of it.

There are no edit tags.........

Ram speed is effected by the FSB directly and you have to adjust accordingly. Intel boards have "memory dividers" that is, you set a ratio between ram and the fsb.

Also, Intel's stock cooling is crap, so its not surprising that your running a little toasty.

Thanks guys, it was the RAM, help is appreciated. In BIOS there is the "System Memory Multiplier (SPD)" that has a number of what looks like random options: 2,3.33,4,2.5, etc... I chose one of the lower ones and we have success at FSB 250.

I'll play with this some more, not looking for anything crazy out of the system, 3.5Ghz is fine for this guy, I have my doubts on his commitment to clean out the case in the long run so don't want to push temps too high.

Ok....temp check. In Core Temp I'm getting a reading of 54C at load. I have the AC Freezer 7 on it. vcore = 1.3 and clock at 3.2. Seems a little hot to me, I'd have thought it would be running a good 4-5C lower than that. I didn't change the paste, used what came on the AC Freezer. Opinions? Idle is at 40C.

That's not a bad load temp on that cooler. Changing the paste won't do to much since the AC Freezer 7 comes with MX-2, the only past that is any better is Tuniq TX-2.

Thanks again guys, she's running at 3.5 now stable.

If I did plan to bump it up down the road and go for the 4.0 what kind of temp caps should I stop at? nothing over 60 a good plan?

Thanks again guys, she's running at 3.5 now stable.

If I did plan to bump it up down the road and go for the 4.0 what kind of temp caps should I stop at? nothing over 60 a good plan?

Hi. I bought the same mobo and e5200 and planning to put it together this weekend. What RAM do you have for this set up? I want to overclock this baby but I've never oc before.

I used Patriot Extreme PC6400 1GBX2.

Here is the entire setup, this is my first time using the Centurion 5 case and I was very impressed for the price. Definitly to the top of my list for budget cases. Good quality for affordable price, I've gone through many more expensive cases that were of significantly lower quality.

This was for a customer; build + wire management, window and moderate OC.

Before/After shot
b4after.jpg

Final product:
sideview.jpg

Thanks again for the help guys, is appreciated.

yes the centurion 5 is a fantastic case for the money. thats what i have my main build in. and it looks great, too.
great wire management BTW jfenwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom