bahhh I'm watercooling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh how is 60C hot for 1.6v on a q6600.

Especially considering that on air, i was hitting as high as 80C running 3dmark06 on air at the same voltage/speed with 15F lower ambient temps.

I dunno, if my cpu ever hits about 40C I know there is something wrong.

I guess I'm just not used to quads and how hot they run...

Also that is a ridiculous voltage...

I dunno, if my cpu ever hits about 40C I know there is something wrong.

I guess I'm just not used to quads and how hot they run...

Also that is a ridiculous voltage...

Yes, it is in fact quite a lot of voltage. At my normal daily 3.6ghz and 1.4v it only loads up to around 50C. The max suggested voltage on the q6600 is only 1.5, so thats why i dont run it at 4ghz daily.

Yes, it is in fact quite a lot of voltage. At my normal daily 3.6ghz and 1.4v it only loads up to around 50C. The max suggested voltage on the q6600 is only 1.5, so thats why i dont run it at 4ghz daily.

I did one suicide run with my e6600 a little while back.

Limited by my motherboard, I got it up to 3.78ghz. But for some reason it took 1.65V to get there...

This is on a chip with a 1.25V VID.

I did this outside, at night in the winter. Ambient of 0C, chip was at 80C in the bios... Did not like the voltage.... Got one Super pi run in. 13.515s

I need a good FSB mobo. My maximus formula was a junk board. I remember AMD GT saying he couldn't post 420 FSB after trading it to me(thanks). I managed 430 out of it anything after that could not help it. Maybe a FSB hole? As far as 65nm go. I'm not afraid of pumping 1.6v through it, infact I've done 1.63 but that was on air so thats where I stop

My motherboard wouldn't let me go any higher.

420 was the best I got out of my 975x board.

But I still haven't found a board with the features I want, at the price point I want, with the looks I want.

I'm a picky *******...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom