New gfx card= new power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canthinkofaname

Solid State Member
I just got a new video card yesterday. a GeForce 9800 GTX+. Everything went in very easily, but its saying that i dont have sufficient power for it. Currently im running a 500w psu that came with my case. Im thinking about upgrading to CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V. would 750w be enough to support this?

thanks!

I just got a new video card yesterday. a GeForce 9800 GTX+. Everything went in very easily, but its saying that i dont have sufficient power for it. Currently im running a 500w psu that came with my case. Im thinking about upgrading to CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V. would 750w be enough to support this?

thanks!

do you have tons of hdd, drives, fans, lights etc? i am just surprised how much power certain builds need

the corsair 520 would be enough, but i'd suggest the 750TX as well, since in a lot of places you can find it cheaper than the 520.
Corsair line power supplies are incredibly reliable :)

i went ahead and ordered the corsair 750w. mostly due to the fact that i plan on slowly updating my hardware and i didn't think it would hurt to have the extra power on tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom