19" 12MS LCD is HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note- i myself dont know, thats y im asking these questions.

its not u, i just dont take anyones word without proof.. do u have a link for information about Digital input displays? it seems odd to me that the input type would change the image charecteristics.

im not looking for how each work's, i already know that.

i just need a link about the difference between analog and digital Display input.

I have a 16 milisecond 17" viewsonic LCD running on a DVI input. Exellent. Actually I almost got a BenQ 17" but the 12 ms wasn't out yet, now I'm kicking myself in the pants because I should have waited. OH yeah, the price for the viewsonic was $600, so I figure the 19" faster BenQ might be 700-800.

EDIT: I didn't see that someone found one for 640 ( I think). In that case, I'm dumping some more money into my setup. Yay for BenQ! By the way, how reliable is BenQ compared to Viewsonic?

P.S. I play Doom 3 on the LCD and it's beautiful.

crt's don't take up THAT much room...just in the back...no biggy, though they do weigh a TON!

ohGrFreak said:
I have a 16 milisecond 17" viewsonic LCD running on a DVI input. Exellent. Actually I almost got a BenQ 17" but the 12 ms wasn't out yet, now I'm kicking myself in the pants because I should have waited. OH yeah, the price for the viewsonic was $600, so I figure the 19" faster BenQ might be 700-800.

EDIT: I didn't see that someone found one for 640 ( I think). In that case, I'm dumping some more money into my setup. Yay for BenQ! By the way, how reliable is BenQ compared to Viewsonic?

P.S. I play Doom 3 on the LCD and it's beautiful.

i think they use the same samsung panel . . . though im not sure . . .

ok, i found 1 article here.. Link

and it verified what u said
article quote-
"Digital interfaces for CRTs provide "a crystal-clear, sharp image, which is independent of the host computer or connecting cable," he said. "They make it easier to reduce cost and add functions. And unlike analog displays, the digital CRT is inherently stable."

but it also said this.
aritcle quote-
"Where we see this heading is the analog portion of a CRT essentially becoming a fixed-frequency electron gun, where all the image processing is done in the digital domain."

does anyone know exactly what that last quote means? will the frequency rate become not able to be changed, like LCD at 60hrtz??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for some reason i get the feeling, DVI will benifit LCD a lot more. and Digital CRT will have benifits, but may loose some advantages of Analog CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom