High HD Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWix

Beta member
I have a 120gb hard drive and a 500gb external for my laptop. Currently Im using almost all my hard drive in my laptop. i was wondering is there a program or some place where i can locate what files are taking up the most space? I would like to run something like this on my computer cause I'd like to clean it up and or move some objects to my external. Thanks any help greatly appreciated.

Most Explorer replacements have a search function. Just search the whole C: drive with *.*

Then sort by size. Hidden restore points and recycle bin files won't show up.

If you change your view to Details. It would accomplish the same thing as that program without having to download or install anything.

If you change your view to Details. It would accomplish the same thing as that program without having to download or install anything.

Showing details only shows the size of the file. If you download foldersize it will show the size of the folder. Trust me, its very helpful.

Right click Properties on the folder. That shows folder size as well. but it doesnt show the full details at times. I am not saying that it isnt helpful but there are ways to do it with just Windows.

Ya, but what i'm saying is that when someone has like 100 folders sitting in their profile, clicking properties on EVERY folder gets tedious. This addon lets you actually sort folders by their size and see how big it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom