Hd 4850 vs 9800 gtx+? Ur opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^LOL that's hardly cheap. Hopefully they will drop in price some when Nehalem comes out within the next month or so.

I paid $130 for my ram even though its 4gb but thats a pretty good price. Anything over $160 for 2gb of ram is where I draw the line. Oh I remember the 939 days. $120 for 1gb of corsair xms ram, $180 for my fx-55

yaa... 120 bucks for my g.skill hz... just 1!!!! rediculous.. so i don't mind paying 200 for 2 gb

here are my limits on parts...

cpu - 500
gpu - 500
mobo - 200
ram - 200
psu - 200

This is a really strong bias opinion. I know you have the card and you like it a lot, but reality is that the 9800GTX+ is not "inferior". Each card has its weak and strong points, some games prefer the 9800GTX series cards, other games prefer the the 4800 series cards.

The HD 4850 is faster than the 9800GTX+ overall, as evidenced by it's higher position on the graphics card rankings, so zmatt's opinion is not biased. He may have been harsh in saying the 9800gtx+ is "inferior" but it doesn't change the fact what he said is true.

You know I've kept AA off because i thought it would kill my frames but **** Apok is right!I was getting around 40fps. I would post a screen shot except something happened that made it not come out right. I will try again later.

the 9800GTX+ is such old tech, I would feel really weird buying one right now.

I mean almost 1 year ago I had a voltmodded 8800GTS 512mb which was clocked higher than a 9800GTX+ barring the memory :/

I know first hand how RV770 scales with AA. I am the owner of two (2) 4870's.

Now I just need to get a more powerful PSU so I can run both of them at once (Corsair TX-750 ordered)

but ****, I barely saw any performance hit with 8X AA compared to 0X AA, with a single card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom