Finding out Temperature of your hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_Returns

Baseband Member
What is a good program to find the temperature of your cpu, graphic card, ram? is there any other parts that i should keep a temperature check on? i am completely new to building and maintaining self built computers. Thank you for the help

what is the standard temperature for: cpu, graphics card, ram (and any other parts that i might be forgetting)

CPU: CoreTemp, RealTemp
Graphics: ATiTool, RivaTuner,
System-wide: Everest Home (free) or Ultimate

As for temps..it all depends on what kind of CPU you have, as well as cooling. Same goes for graphics cards. Idle temps and load temps are different, too. Generally, 60C's to 70C's for CPU on load are getting pretty hot. Graphics card are average around 65-70C though.

hwmonitor, realtemp, coretemp, gpuz, ati tool, riva tuner, there are alot

but u wont find anything that can tell u ream temp because there arnt sensors on your ram

max temps really depend on ur cpu, but on most 60c is pretty got, i wouldnt go above 70

gfx cards are made to run hot, i wouldnt really worry about it just make sure u dust out the heatsink every 6 months or so, more often if u have a dustier house.

cpu: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

graphics: Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

mobo: Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

hwmonitor, realtemp, coretemp, gpuz, ati tool, riva tuner, there are alot

but u wont find anything that can tell u ream temp because there arnt sensors on your ram

max temps really depend on ur cpu, but on most 60c is pretty got, i wouldnt go above 70

gfx cards are made to run hot, i wouldnt really worry about it just make sure u dust out the heatsink every 6 months or so, more often if u have a dustier house.

but there is of course such thing as TOO hot for a gfx card right? i am going to overclock my 4850... about what temp should i run it at max?

Aye, that's what load temp would be. You can set the program, depending on which one you use/what you are monitoring, to log its activity. So you could setup Rivatuner and have it open in the backgroudn while playing the game, monitoring/logging your temps to a .log file. THen you can look at that file and see how high your temps were getting. Same way with CoreTemp, you can set it to log to a file over increments of time, I believe.

Yeah but that's starting to get pretty warm, stalin. That's geting close to boiling temp lol. If your card is going up that high...then there's a problem.

Technically the 4800 series cards are rated up to 105C if i recall correctly. Although i dont suggest letting them get that hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom