Laptop Issues - Help Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Okay I have a HP Pav dv2000. It's only a year and a half old too. I've beaten this thing up. Dropped it blew out the hard drive. I fell long boarding with it in my backpack and landed right on it. (Completely killed it and repaired it by opening it up and making sure everything was connected) However the thing isn't the same. Up to about 2 weeks ago the laptop was great. Sometimes it'd get moody and if I shook or tapped the bottom right side it'd turn off. Well now it's gotten worse. When i turn the laptop on the fans turn on the lights turn on but the screen stays black. I thought it was history so I bought a new laptop for a pretty good deal. However yesterday it turned on! TWICE! The first time it turned on I was shocked. Got everything off of it. Then I rebooted and it didn't work. A few more tries and I got it on. However I can't get it back on today. The screen has no light whatsoever coming from it. And if it was just a dead screen I'd hear the windows sound when it gets to log in. (I know the volumes up) So I was thinking my processor had issues, but if It's turning on sometimes I just don't know..

Sooooo any ideas what the heck is wrong with it? I'd be happy to give it to my little bro if I can get it working like before.

EDIT: It's on now. But I don't dare turn it off :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom