I need help recovering my hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekced

Beta member
I got a virus tonight and decided to recover my system with my external drive. The external drive contains a bootable clone of my C: drive that I made with Norton Ghost. I don't really know how to use Norton Ghost, so I just literally copied the entire C: drive there, made it a primary and bootable. I tried booting from the external drive but I got a blue screen. If it would have worked I would have made another clone back to C: and boot from that.

I thought this was going to be an easy process because I have been using this Hitachi software that I got 4-5 years ago and it has never let me down. This time it was able to start the copying process outside of Windows, but it always fails at around 8%. I am almost positive that both of these drives are in good working order, I just need a better copying/cloning software to use outside of Windows. One person I asked said that the clone I made is probably bad, but I am pretty confident that what is on the cloned USB drive is good.

The reason this is so hard is because I can't take the hard drive out of the laptop. It is very hard to get to to say the least!

Any suggestions on programs I should try?

Btw the OS is XP Pro.

Do not post multiple topics of the same thing.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom