XFX 780i Vs eVGA 780i FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya forgot to mention pencil mod is a must but takes ya 30 secodna and is great, ive got mien at a 0.02 diference to what i have in bios, and it never drops under load.

hmmm, thats cool that it worked for you, i read about it. i wasnt gonna pencil mod a customer's build tho. should you have to mod something to make it work right? i dont think so. its a 200+ dollar enthusiast mobo...it should work to begin with, IMO. it just left a bad taste in my mouth for nvidia.

^^ The 780i will be a downgrade from the Maximus formula. If you plan on overcloking get a Biostar I45 or TP45hp. The I45 holds the world record for the highest fsb of ~725mhz and will do 600+mhz on air. Th TP45HP should also be capable of 600mhz fsb and is only $110.

Why do people keep bagging on vdroop. Vdroop is there for a reason, its to keep your cpu from overvolting when coming off load.

And stop telling the guy to get a p45. He has an x38 which is in most cases as good or better than a p45 board. He's going nvidia for a reason, i assume he's going to do SLI.
I just put my 680i back in over the weekend to test out the 2 260s i have but i cant get the stupid thing to play nice. I keep getting a BSOD at boot after installing vista. OH CRAP I REMEMBER NOW, gotta take out a stick of memory.

God i completely forgot about that dang bug.

why do people keep bagging on the 780i so badly for... it is not a bad board at all.. everyone who keeps making fun of them usually hasnt owned a 680i A1.. or 780i

if i can manage 466 fsb out of a quad on my 680i.. then it is certainly not a bad board

and if its such a bad board.. why had i taken the 3dmark record with it (until 4870's came out.. lol) and super pi!!!!!!

Good thing i still have a 65nm quad >< I just registered my 260s, so now i have a key for vantage. Going to get everything updated and run some benches tonight. Might end up keeping the 260 sli setup if it turns out they dont saturate the pci 1.1 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom