Low on funds, can't really upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm...perhaps I'll stick with windows until I find out more about Linux 'cause I've never used it so...

i dunno the cheapest ive seen windows is about 80 and that for home, so untill u get cash looks like ur stuck wit linux, less u got a xp boot cd cuz ur obviously on a comp to write this so if u really wanted to u could install windows on ur new comp and if u want to be legal and all ; ) take windows offa the one ur usin. Pretty sure thats legal cuz windows lets u reformat and all so its pretty much the same thing only wit differant comps.

reg, i highly recommend you check out linux. its better than windows in many ways. and for all the programs you want to use on linux, there is a better option already built in, or is a quick download away. the only problem is no games.

but think about it, without an os, which you can't really afford you can't do anything on your computer. with linux (i recommend suse9.1) you can still browse the net, type docs, listen to music and you'll get a chance to learn about open source.

you have any questions about linux, or what it has to offer (i sound like i work for them don't i) make a post about it, or pm me.

About what you said xotix, "the only problem is no games."

Musjunk22 shows a site where you can download/burn-to-a-cd some sort of thingy, I guess an app for Linux, that enables you to play games...

Well, scratch the question of "Me" to xp, cause, we don't have the Me CD at all, I must've been looking at what was the restoration kit...lol.
Well, on second thought...I'll look into Linux some more.

linux is much faster than windows to install, u can format disk and install it all in the time it would take XP to go 10% and the hardware support in suse9.1 is brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom