Hd 4850 vs 9800 gtx+? Ur opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol crysis was the reason i bought a gtx280 once upon a time....

i really want a 9800gx2 again, but i'll live with my 4850's.... crysis really is the only demanding game out right now

and to be honest if i could remake my choices.. i would have stuck w my gtx280.. because sure the 4870crossfire will do better than gtx280 crossfire in most games.... but who gives a crap, gtx280 sli will still run it 100fps+ instead of 130fps+

either way the gtx is gonna run games fantastically.... and so will the 4870's.... but the gtx has the advantage of crysis... i wish i still had my gtx280

9800 GTX+ does better in some games still, and at different resolutions it gets better. And the difference is so minimal, so who cares.

9800 GTX+ does better in some games still, and at different resolutions it gets better. And the difference is so minimal, so who cares.

I think he summed it all up. The human eye can't see 4-5 FPS difference. So if you love folding and gaming, go with the 9800GTX+ I suppose.

I think he summed it all up. The human eye can't see 4-5 FPS difference. So if you love folding and gaming, go with the 9800GTX+ I suppose.

That is still no excuse to buy an inferior product. That 4-5 fps later on could mean the difference between playable or not on a future game. You can't just sell yourself short.

Say I need a new car. At the dealership there are two cars. They are the competing models from two companies. One goes 100mph and gets 30mpg, the other goes 110 and gets 30mpg. They cost the same. Assuming all other important specs are the same which do you get?

Unless Crysis is the only game you play the 9800GTX+ isn't a smart buy, nuff said.

Not only that but Folding is a very very niche thing. Most people who just come here for advice once on a blue moon have never heard of it. So although it is a perfectly reasonable justification for Ricanflow when he buys cards, for 80% of us it is a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom