How much do YOU invest?

Which service does not depend upon Plug & Play?

• Fax Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logical Disk Manager

• Print Spooler

• Smart Card

• Logical Disk Manager Admin. Service

• Telephony

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShoobieRat said:
If yer gonna spend 3 grand on a computer, buy an Alienware. They're awsome!
My sister just dropped 5 grand on an Alienware Area 51 and Didn't get a monitor, got the same graphics card I did, slower memory than mine, smaller HD than mine, I trust ASUS more, I have a case that looks nice too, my rig plays Doom 3 flawlessly, which is exactly what I wanted it to do, so I think I came out ahead by far by not going with Alienware, although if I had the dough, I might get one.

Must've not paid attention very well. You can get an orgasmicly-blitz machine from Alienware for $4000 with all the services and support, plug-in-n-go, tweaked, benched, etc, etc.

Like any manufacturer, Alienware is subject to not only the price of the work they do, but to the contracts they carry which limit the type and supply of stock they have. Which means you're not going to get a complete selection of every hard-drive on the market, every vid-card, etc. Still, Alienware manages to stay very up-to-date with their product customization lineup.

Besides getting a hand-build, top-line consumer machine (unlike Dell's cheap-a$$ robot-made junk boxes), Alienware will install any extra software you want (games, programs, tweaks, etc) BEFORE they ship, and make sure everything runs without problems! They also setup your whole system and then burn it in for a few days to make sure it's actually ready. They'll benchmark it for you so you know exactly what you're getting, plus you get a REAL set of documents covering your SPECIFIC machine. No generic manuals!

It's just goo'shtuff!

lol dude now that i think about it.. I love to game and play the latest games with full graphics... I have put a lot of money into my computer... I have almost the best pc on the market (almost)... and I spend around $2700 on it... I build it from hand and dont EVER buy from companies any more for they rip you off and put in cheap parts. Just check out my specs a little lower... I think computers a bit too expensive but i would rather have my computer i have now than what i had... a Intel Celeron OC 2.7ghz, 1gb ram, geforce fx 5600 256mb, 500w psu, 80gb seagate harddrive, and a foxconn motherboard (OMG i hate that motherboard)... I went for cheap... it played doom3 and farcry but suffered badly for online games lagging every chance it could get... I spent around $600 on my old computer and decided i wanted better graphics and faster play.. i def got it :):):).. all in what you want to pay.. I spend too much lol

ohGrFreak said:
Hmm, I'll go to their website and check it out. I might get one for my next gaming machine.

hey just reading your specs... just letting you know that your videocard stuff is a bit off... 265... you mean 256.. :) heheh i was like whoa when i saw it.. but then i relized it was a lil furble

Most people tend to forget that if they build their own machine, they don't pay for the cost of making it!

If Alienware didn't charge for the cost of hand-building, testing, burn-in, benchmarking, custom setup and installation, tweaking, feature-matchup, etc, etc...then they could charge you only 2500 bucks.

If you put a jaguar on a fully-automated assembly line, with no customer care or support, you could cut the costs in half (at least!).

The bottom line is: If you want a machine built FOR-YOU by a world-recognized company, Alienware is at the top of the list. If you want to build it yourself, then Alienware is off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom