Chromos1048

Baseband Member
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

That's the details... it's something to do with memory. Sometimes when I am streaming something or connected to IRC channels, my comp restarts for some reason. Above it says that I shouldn't do anything- but I disagree. If my comp restarts for no reason, then it is something that should be fixed, as I can't live with it.

So anyone know why this happens? And before you say run memtest, I've already checked my ram with check-it utilities and it says that there's no errors reported... so I'm flummoxed here.

Well I wouldn't tell you to test your RAM if you had used the right program. Download MemTest86+ and run that for at least 8 hours.

Download memtest (its free) and run it. It should be able to tell you if this is a memory issue.

Looks like cvb beat me to it...

Yeah, I figured you would say that... but how do I get memtest to work? I downloaded it, burned it onto disk, and it won't do anything... I don't even know how to boot from disk on this computer... there's something in my BIOS that says "press TAB for POST", is that what I need to do?

No you need to go into your BIOS and where it says "Boot Priority" set the CD/DVD drive to the first spot.

I have it like that already, doesn't work.

But I think I may know why now that I think about it. I "wrote" the image to a Cd. Is that the same thing as burning? If not, then is there a free burning program out there? I have Nero... but it doesn't seem to work right...

Okay, well I successfully burned it to a CD. So that solves that... but it still won't boot. It just goes straight into windows screen, then my desktop.

That means either it wasn't burned properly or your boot priority still isn't set right. I'm willing to bet on #2.

Some motherboards have a boot priority but then another boot list when starting up. Try pressing F10 or F12 while the computer starts loading.

That means either it wasn't burned properly or your boot priority still isn't set right. I'm willing to bet on #2.

The file says "image" after I burn it to Cd.. is that right? Also I have it to boot from both my cd/dvd drive before HDD. So it seems to just be missing it.

Some motherboards have a boot priority but then another boot list when starting up. Try pressing F10 or F12 while the computer starts loading.

I've tried that. If there's a button that you have to push to boot from disk, I'm not finding it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom