Computer Turns off randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalki

Baseband Member
This is an ongoing issue in almost 3 of my comps..
well i own a gming parlour in chennai ( india ) ..i have around 5 comps wich i got it for second hand.....motther board - MSI
RAM- 512ddr1
grFIX- GEFORCE 4 FX5200(128MB)
Processor -amd 1800,2400 and seris that was launch in the year 2005...all comps are 3.5 years old..
i have a strange problem of computer getting turning off when playing games......only while playing games..changed smps..i dont think so its the RAM...........

okay? So what have you done to troubleshoot this? Have you check temps? Have you run check disk, defrag, spyware scans, virus scans? HAve you tried a reinstall of the games? Is the system and the game fully patched?

no i have never had an i dea of checkin temp....ok i went for a xp reinstall in the c drive alone......other drives are just there with all the games installed...the games wich i use are rip games ( can be copied ,pasted and played )...so that doesnt matter ...when i run the game it works fine...i have avg 7.5 free...so i guess i have less chance of a virus or sppyware attack( because the comp shuts down without even giving a "shutting down message " abryptly goes blank as if somesones switched off the main power).....well previously when i had this prob i had cleaned the dust inside my cpu and was ok for a month........but now i have this prob again..if u still recommend me to go for a complete format of whole 80 gig hddd i can do it..but i always feel its a component issue...

cpu temperature is - 95degree celcius

system temerature - 40 degree celcius

Are you sure that is the right temps? 95C? That is way to hot. That is 203F. That is only about 30C lower than what they factory test these things at. I would most certainly take a look at proper CPU cooling.

oh yeah it is......so wat do i do....there are 2 fans in the cabinet.......now iam trying to test the condition of the cpu ....added a known good perfectly working geforce card 3d card.....

Double check your cpu heatsing to ensure it is snug. Reapply some thermal paste, and you may need to upgrade your heatsink and fan. Oh and double check your fan / heatsink, make sure there isn't anything blocking it, wires, dusk, etc.

thermal paste? wats it ?

have no idea abt cooling solutions....havent done such things before..all i can think of is finding the faulty component in cpu.....

Thermal Paste is the stuff between the heat sink and the CPU itself. This will allow the heat to transfer from teh CPU to teh heatsink without overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom