Modem drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolono

Beta member
I recently was given a DELL Inspiron 1150 laptop with Windows XP Home Edition. I completely reloaded XP to get rid of any remaining personal info from the previous owner, not knowing that the drive for the modem would be deleted when I did it. It's too late to tell me that I should of chosen just the upgrade, I just hope someone could tell me how to get the drive back on so I can log onto the Internet?
Thanks.

I checked this out last night with my desktop, but I cannot connect to the Internet with my laptop to download the driver due to it not being in the system. I am using my desktop for this forum. Any other suggestions on how I can solve this? Anyone?

Exactly. Download the driver to your desktop and use a Flash Drive, CD-RW or something to get it to the laptop...

I recently was given a DELL Inspiron 1150 laptop with Windows XP Home Edition. I completely reloaded XP to get rid of any remaining personal info from the previous owner, not knowing that the drive for the modem would be deleted when I did it. It's too late to tell me that I should of chosen just the upgrade, I just hope someone could tell me how to get the drive back on so I can log onto the Internet?
Thanks.

I think formatting was the right option. In most cases, better than Windows XP Repair in my opinion. Drivers can be easily downloaded and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom