Antec 300 case project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnpctech

Daemon Poster
If theres one case getting a lot of attention today, it's the new Antec Three Hundred. For under $50, (even less if shop around) it packs a lot of features with decent cooling and the superior build quality we've come to expect from Antec.

Antec 300 Three Hundred awaits it's first incision, a window!
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod1.jpg

To draw out your design, I'll first apply either #2060 Green or #2090 Blue "low tack" painter's tape by Scotch/3M.
You can buy these Home Depot or Ace Hardware stores. You also apply tape so you don't scratch up the panel with the jigsaw's steel guard. I always use a measuring square for windows
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod2.jpg

Window corner, but how do you make a curved corner instead?, for inserting U-channel molding later
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod4.jpg

For making corners, use a roll of tape! The smaller the roll, the smaller your arc
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod5.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_casemod6.jpg

Whenever I make a side panel window, I always use a jigsaw with a 18 TPI (teeth per inch) bi-metal cutting blade. I'll make the intial incision for the jigsaw blade with a rotary tool and 1.5" reinforced dremel cutting wheel
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod7.jpg

I use a Black & Decker jigsaw with a 18 TPI (teeth per inch) bi-metal cutting blade.
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod8.jpg

Window is cut and ready for refinements, ie: clean up the edges and corners
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9.jpg

I'll use a rounded side file for detailing it's straight edges and corners
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9a.jpg

Sweet. Good start.
I say a lime green translucent window. Make in an nVidia edition. lol.

Bet you werent expecting such a quick reply to ruin everything ay? Its very nice btw.

Nice quick window....still using that 3M industrial adhesive tape? That stuff is awesome.

Doesn't look the stock feet there :p One of these days I'll have order me up a set for a mod, they do class it up, you cooking up any new case feet in the near future?

Bill buys it bulk, this is the local shop stuff:

Canadian Tire

Freak'n strong stuff, I cut it length wise for my windows, get twice as much out of one roll, it's not cheap tape...can't remember but I think that was on Bill's advise in one of his tutorials. Anyways, run that around the cut out on the inside and stick the plexi directly on it.

There was one window I was putting in where I had a brain fart and put the window on before the channeling and then had to break the 1/8' plexyglass to get it off the tape, it's that strong. Nice thing is it works as sound depressant as well...no srews, bolts, rivets, etc... to vibrate and make noise.

thats what i figured. i used double sided 3m tape for the window of the AMD case i modded. i just was wondering if he had another secret method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom