Hd 4850 vs 9800 gtx+? Ur opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang, looks better and isn't as demanding, makes almost no sense ha. but sweet, do you need the other crysis to play it? like is it an expansion, or a whole separate game you can buy?

wow congrats you got 4 fps better than me. So much for an nvidia advantage.

Isnt your gpu much faster than his???

Umm...yea....

Still you have to admit a 4 fps difference isn't much. The fact that zmatt is running a 3ghz dual core and Vista vs your 3.6ghz quad and xp could easily be responsible for that small of a difference.

How about you include the fact that we are comparing an 8800GTS 512 versus an HD4850...which is a stronger card.

The point he is trying to make is Crysis is supposed to be optimized for Nvidia cards to give them an overwhelming advantage. I'll accept optimized, but not as much as they claim. His advantage can be explained by something as simple as an OS difference, and then at that point I am faster.

Bought the saphire hd4850 for $160. The shop also gave me a deal that if i buy another one in a months time ill get a $20 discount. Ill post the benchmarks asap. Thanks for the sugestions guys.

The point he is trying to make is Crysis is supposed to be optimized for Nvidia cards to give them an overwhelming advantage. I'll accept optimized, but not as much as they claim. His advantage can be explained by something as simple as an OS difference, and then at that point I am faster.

but im still faster with a slower card, now if you pair it up with a 9800gtx+ what will teh gap be then is my point. when you have cards of the same level iv got a slower card and still faster then you, + your running server08 arent you its just as fast as xp from what gurusan has been saying. anyway my hole point is if my 8800gts is faster what abotu a 9800gtx+ like what rican was tryign to point out.

anyway enjoy your new gpu :D

I'm not running server 08. I'm running vista ultimate x64.

And yes the Nvidia cards are faster at Crysis, we understand that. But can your 9800GTX+ beat the 4850 at everything else?

dang, looks better and isn't as demanding, makes almost no sense ha. but sweet, do you need the other crysis to play it? like is it an expansion, or a whole separate game you can buy?

Ya the CryEngine2 was poorly made...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom