LCD or CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
I heard that CRT monitors are better than LCD monitors for gaming and power apps. Is this true? If so, how much better? I am trying to make a decision on which to buy for a computer I am building.

Yeah, I thik that LCDs hurt people's eyes when looking at the screen for too long...believe me, it's happened far too many times with my brother's comp.

But...someone here on the forum said that CRTs give off a slight bit of radiation.

So you either gonna get hurting eyes, or you gonna get mutated by a screen.:)

this is cent per cent true, as I have experienced high ends of both LCD's and CRT's.

image remains clear on CRT's whatever resolution they are on. in LCD's they only show clear crisp image on the highest resolution, else not. as in games, some doenst support 1600 resolution, and my image becomes blurred.

best monitor that I have experienced in CRT's is Mitsubishi Diamond Pro, this is True gaming monitor and specifically made for the people doing some graphic work, weather its video editing, CMYK color designing or else.

Regulus said:
Yeah, I thik that LCDs hurt people's eyes when looking at the screen for too long...

this what i do not agree, as the screen refreshes in CRT, not in LCD, so i use to have tihgs eye souring in CRT's not in my LCD. else, in using monitors, it is very much recommended that to move away one's eyes for 20 seconds after 1 hour of work. athat will never effect eye site as well, as the wave length of the eyes changes.

If you look closely on a lcd, it distorts pixels. A crt doesn't do this. Plus crt's can go much higher in resolution. All lcd's are good for is looks.

Your high end LCD's have newer technology embedded into them to help bridge the gap between traditional CRT's and LCD's.

As far as strain on eyes, it is a scientific fact that LCD's are healthier for your eyes than CRT's. Lets say you so see pixelation on an LCD. That is different from the photonic rays being shot through the back of your CRT...(So you can actually see the display)

If you put a camera or a camcorder to a CRT you will see why your eyes get so tired... the screen is constantly flickering, the camera's slow down the flickering so it is visible. After hours of staring at a CRT, your eyes will get tired.

LCD's refresh differently so it drastically reduces the burden on your eyes.

very well said on the last part cron.

for the radiation part...none of it seeps out...that was a very funny and interesting topic though wasn't it regulas!

a high end crt is gonna cost about 500...a high end lcd is gonna cost about 800.

lol...funny indeed compy.

I have, however, experienced more eye problems with my brother's LCD monitor than my CRT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom