Q6600 Overclock has become unstable over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you running a 32bit os maybe? either way you should up your voltage byt atleast 0.1

What? A 32bit OS can read anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 GB of ram depending on many factors. Also .1v increase is huge and voltage is not why the program fails to run when using > 2048mb of ram.

no but it will have to do with you stability and no @ 3.4/6 you should be in the 1.34/ 1.4 range so a 0.1 v bump isnt much for yoru speed. show us your vid for your proc by running core temp.

no but it will have to do with you stability and no @ 3.4/6 you should be in the 1.34/ 1.4 range so a 0.1 v bump isnt much for yoru speed. show us your vid for your proc by running core temp.

I dropped to default to run this stress test and it crashes anyways. There is some fault with the program when running with more than 2gb of ram.

either way just stress your ram and run it at 2gb its not like it affects the level yoru cpu will be stressed. also post up soem core temp readings so we can see your vid and get a good idea of the voltage you will need.

either way just stress your ram and run it at 2gb its not like it affects the level yoru cpu will be stressed. also post up soem core temp readings so we can see your vid and get a good idea of the voltage you will need.

my vid is 1.2750

temps are ~70C with 1.3v @ 3.4ghz running intelburntest

i would run 1.34 or even 1.35v at 3.4 with your vid i just get away with 1.368 @ 3.6, and i have a much lower vid then you at 1.2125 your good up to about 80c your mobo shoud automaitcaly shutdown your comp if your cpu gets to a temp where it will damage your cpu, i hit 86 once on a 4.0 air oc and my mobo shut me down right away.

Intel burntest will put more heat out of the chip than anything. Personally i'm entirely too lazy to care if i'm "stable" at 3.6 because my rig hasnt crashed a single time playing games :p

also, ouch on the vid :(

vid isn't the definite 'you can or can't oc that chip' number. It barely indicates anything. I've seen chips with 1.28 vids oc well and chips with 1.22 vids not be able to go above 2.6

Anyways, I still get random fails to post even though I can run 6 hours of prime95 and i ran 25 passes of intelburntest AND I ran over 5 hours of memtest86+ with no errors in any of them.

I can't figure out why I'm failing to POST or why it's crashing in games. Temps are well under control for the CPU and GPU. Is it possible the mobo is acting up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom