My Computer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
I was curious what everyone thinks might be wrong with my computer. When I turn my computer on my (3 rem hds in kingwin hot swap)(Canopus Storm 2 Video and Audio In) lights blink and it stops my bootup anywhere from 2 up to 6 mins then it beeps and finishes boot up.

Gigabyte 925XE MB
Geil DDR 400 Ram
4 SATA HD's
Antec 550 watt PS
XP Pro SP 2

It usually means the memory test is running thoroughly. There is usually a setting in the BIOS to choose what type of memory test to run at startup. Either choose the fastest one or just turn it off.

It usually means the memory test is running thoroughly. There is usually a setting in the BIOS to choose what type of memory test to run at startup. Either choose the fastest one or just turn it off.

I've had this computer for years and never had a problem before why would it happen now?

At what point does the computer hang? What are the last words posted on the screen or are there any words at all?

Right as soon as I push power button no time to see anything on screen. It happens 99% of the time. I boot it up every morning and leave it on. At noon sometimes I turn it off and come back and turn it on and it will boot right up but, that's rarely.

Alright first thing to do is test your memory. Download MemTest86+ and burn the ISO to a CD. Boot from the CD next reboot and let that run for at least 8 hours.

Update

My computer is still doing same thing Rem Hd's blink floppy drive blinks for 3 to 5 minutes then it boots. I put in new memory and everything no change. Does it mean I need a new MB or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom