Building a new gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the time being I have an 500 GB Western Digital EIDE drive. I bought it not too long ago so I still want to get some use out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a SATA drive that I could use with this Mboard? I will probably get one in the future.
Thanks

You can use any SATA Drive you want, all boards still have atleast one IDE port for two IDE devices to work (I think that is what you are asking?)

I was thinking of building a new comp soon as well. From the looks of it your going to spend a nice amount of money. And you mentioned you were going to want this to last a few years.

I would wait for the new intel procs to come out the end of this yr, beginning of next yr(i think). I think its the nehalem. From what I have read its an amazing processor. It has the memory controller on the die, so no need for the northbridge chipset. Also uses DDR3. Runs cooler and uses less power. If you really want a killer system to get you through a few yrs I would wait a little bit.

Just my opinion though :D

If ur buyin 9800gtx than i think hd4850 will perform beter than it at the same price, so u should either buy hd4850 or 9800gtx+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom