4870x2 overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to ur AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ BE? You sold it? What was ur highest clock on it?

he highest clock was 3.37ghz i think which he could never get entirely stable, i had mine at 3.4ghz which i posted a picture of a month or so ago, was stable for 40 or so mins prime, but then i experienced crashes later on. in the holidays for school (next week) im going back at it and i believe i can reach 3.4+ with a alot of voltage (1.5+) since my ultra 120 is keeping quite kool at 1.4v, <28c. together with my uberclocked 8800gs makes it a great system.

I just purchased one of these card, and feel it was a waste too. Im thinkin of going with a bigger screen for the reso on 1920-1200, but then again, if i stay with the 1680, having a high powered GPU, i can increase my Fps? SO all together, its still never really over kill right?

since it is so overpriced, it not really worth it because nobody can tell the difference between 100 and 130 frames, so it is overkill. both cards will run every game with ease. but yes if you go up to higher res(1920 & over), the 4870x2 will be good on new games like farcry2 and warhead.

he highest clock was 3.37ghz i think which he could never get entirely stable, i had mine at 3.4ghz which i posted a picture of a month or so ago, was stable for 40 or so mins prime, but then i experienced crashes later on. in the holidays for school (next week) im going back at it and i believe i can reach 3.4+ with a alot of voltage (1.5+) since my ultra 120 is keeping quite kool at 1.4v, <28c. together with my uberclocked 8800gs makes it a great system.

oh...........mine has a voltage of 1.40v. I need to loosen my RAM timings to get higher CPU clocks.

ok this build is almost finish only problem is the gpu, do you know any site like newegg that ships internationally? im living in bahrain and the 4870 1GB isnt available here and my friend wants to go with that, im trying to convince him to go with the 512mb as he doesnt need the 1gb but its his money. so any suggestions?

thanks akubane, ive checked it but they dont have the 1gb either, its my mistake actually i shouldnt have told him that there is a 1gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom