Gtx 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Nvidia would decide on one naming convention. Ever since the 9 series came out they have been screwing with it.

I don't see how a dual Gpu card could be cheap. and whats up with a 512bit bus with GDDR5? You get one or the other, not both. that alone makes the card very expensive. and 2 gigs of memory. She won't be cheap. And I wonder just how much of a boost it will be.

Yes, the naming scheme is almost randomized at this point. Luckily for us, we just run benchmarks and find out what the real deal is. What's in a name, right?

I've always been mixed on dual gpu cards. I mean, they are SO hit or miss... Just look at the benchmarks. The inconsistency and high power draw has always been enough to turn me away from both dual GPU and SLI solutions.

I've always been mixed on dual gpu cards. I mean, they are SO hit or miss... Just look at the benchmarks. The inconsistency and high power draw has always been enough to turn me away from both dual GPU and SLI solutions.

Well Sli or crossfire is nice if you have a card that's aging and not a lot of cash on hand. So yes a dual card solution can come in handy from time to time.

Well Sli or crossfire is nice if you have a card that's aging and not a lot of cash on hand. So yes a dual card solution can come in handy from time to time.

I set my brother up with dual 96GTs a few months ago. They've worked out pretty well for him. I simply like the reliability of a high-end, single gpu card.

in case you guys didnt nkow, nvidia will be renaming the 9800series to gt100 and gts100 series to help out the confused uneducated gpu consumers

thats what i'm wondering?? did they even make an effort at scaling down the new gpu's??

i bet they didnt.. it would probably end up costing too much money to produce... and i mean they're already getting horrible yields with the new gpu's.... so its understandable

IMO they are going about this all the wrong way. ATI has a good system going with the increasingly modular design. Nvidia is doing things the old way and they are getting creamed for it. They will have a hard time competing against R800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom