Help with video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
I have two 9800GTX+ in SLI and I keep getting this error when playing games. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?? Thanks

Crash in application version : 30899.3048.

Could not create render target because Idirect3D9 :: CreateTexture Call Failed.
Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation.

I am using XP64 and the rest of my specs are below in my sig (graphic cards replaced).

Hmm sounds like a DirectX problem. Go to Start -> Run -> type dxdiag. Then go to the display tab at the top. How much "Approx. Total Memory" does it say you have?

Approx total mem = 512.0MB.

I have 2 in SLI so each card has 512.0MB. This should be more than enough memory to render whatever it needs. I am also only seeing 4-11 FPS in game which is way too low for two of these cards in SLI.

Anyother thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks for you help.

SLI either isn't running properly or not at all. You sure you have the SLI bridge connected and proper drivers installed?

Latest drivers downloaded from MFG website and SLI bridge is installed between the two cards. Each card has two SLI bridge connections, does it matter which one I use? Also the Nvidia control panel shows that SLI is enabled is there another check that I can use?

I found that if the cards are not In SLI than the game works fine. Why is SLI causing the crash and is there a fix? Han anyone else come across this problem

Any diagnostic tool like Everest or PCWizard would show it.

Try reinstalling DirectX and see what happens.

SLI drivers are very finicky about the way they're run as well as what hardware they run alongside with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom