CPU and Heatsink Lapping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
u dont need to lap ur cooler cuz its a direct touch cooler, but it will improve transfer on ur cpu

yea i would say so, unless ur heatsink is deformed on the bottom but even then i dont think it would be that much better cuz its a direct touch heatsink. but yea just the cpu. also do u have any questions about lapping? cuz if u mess it up at all its very hard or impossible to fix

First off. Are your temps bad? The main reason to lap is when you have very bad differences between core temps. I had to lap my q6600 and TRUE because i had as much as 14C differences between core temps.

I havent tested the cpu yet but I was going to do it to just allow better heat transfer and overall cooling.. Do you think I would really need or should lap my e8500 with this heatsink/fan? Thanks

What is the best site to find high grit sandpaper for a low cost though and good shipping... Everywhere I look the prices seem so high. I was just seeing if you guys have any sites you have used in the past for high grit sandpaper.

ebay has kits for like 15$ you can get with the glass sheet and some as5 sometimes mx2 or tx2. there great other then that i picked up some 1200 at a local autobody shop, and lapped up to that not mirror shine btu smooth and flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom