How to select the good RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm you had 2 different sets of 2 gigs of ram in your computer? I didn't even think that was possible let alone a really bad idea for stability reasons.

Also how much did your 3dbenchmark scores or practical performance increase when overclocking your HZs from 800 to 1100, seems kind of unworth it unless theres a huge jump in performance and I doubt it.

Thanks for the information though

having two sets that are rated same speeds and timings isn't a bad idea at all. Its having two sets of ram at completely diff speeds and timings that is bad, but as long as u can set a config that satisfies both sets ur fine. thats y i ended up using the patriot 1200mhz ram in a clients computer and traded em for a cheaper set of gskills b4 i sold my rig.

the overclock didnt really have a big hit in performance, but i did notice it load quicker, dont forget ram doesnt really have an impact on performance as long as u have at least 2gb ddr800. ddr3 is a diff story...

having two sets that are rated same speeds and timings isn't a bad idea at all. Its having two sets of ram at completely diff speeds and timings that is bad, but as long as u can set a config that satisfies both sets ur fine. thats y i ended up using the patriot 1200mhz ram in a clients computer and traded em for a cheaper set of gskills b4 i sold my rig.

the overclock didnt really have a big hit in performance, but i did notice it load quicker, dont forget ram doesnt really have an impact on performance as long as u have at least 2gb ddr800. ddr3 is a diff story...

hmm...so is another 2 gigs for 4 gigs total of ddr2 800 ram on a 32 bit xp OS worth it for $50? What about $100? Will ddr2 1066 be that much faster even though it has slower timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom