8800gs volt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, i went to being a volt mod on my 8800gs, when i noticed my pcb is diff from all of the 8800gt/8800gts/8800gs guides out there, later i found out it seems xfx use a non-reference pcb. over at extreme systems there is one guy who has done the mod, but hasnt posted it. So i will get in contact with him but sumone else said he doesnt pm back wel will see...

im interested in measuring contacts to see where i can put my own VR potentiometer in place. but what do i have to look for, is there some kind of tutorial i can read for this? im a noob when it comes to volt modding.

ill try get up some pics of my card soon.

If you are a noob at vmodding, i really suggest you try it on a cheap card first.

better yet, pay someone to do it!!

im not a noob at soldering or such, at school i have had a guy helping me who has a PHD in electronics, but since we are in holidays i cant ask him to help me. i just am not sure how to find where the VR should go by measuring points is all. i have got this picture which a couple of people confirmed worked. but i cant read it properly i think it means this:

the 5k ohm potentiometer to the resistor next to the IC and then to GND which is the yellow dot.

for the memory which wont o/c that good anyway (qimonda) its a 15k ohm trimmer between those two pins. is that right?

voltmod1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom