Computer stuck in reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1threat

Baseband Member
I have an extra computer lying around, and I tried hooking it up to my current setup. I noticed that I get no video, and I get power. I do notice that the keyboard lights up numlock, capslock, and scroll lock every 5 seconds. I get no beeps or anything. Heres system specs

Athlon XP 2600
Biostar M7NCD motherboard
Austin powersupply - 380watts

Ive tried plugging in one stick of ram, reseating the video card, unplugging Hard drive and cd drive, reseating power plug and all.

*EDIT* Computer also has never been overclocked, It let me get into bios screen and everything last time I tried booting it up, but It wouldnt go to windows for some reason (maybe because it got corrupted)

Please help, thank you

I removed the battery from the motherboard for about a minute and replaced it. I looked up the manual for the motherboard last night, and I think I may have got the wrong one from biostars website...

The diagram showed the CMOS jumper being the one closest to the battery, so I did that one. The manual said to unplug power, switch jumper from pins 2&3 to pins 1&2, wait 15 seconds then switch it back and power it up.

After looking at the diagram I noticed my motherboard differed from the manual, so i will have to do a little more research tonight for another manual. I noticed there are 4 or 5 sets of the 3 prong connectors with the jumper over the 2nd and 3rd prong.

Am I doing that right?

You don't have to worry about the jumpers if you remove the battery. The jumpers are just to give you another option. But when removing the battery make sure it's out for at least 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom