Does This O.C. Sound Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTime91

Baseband Member
Hello, I just O.C.'d my PC, I'm running a ASUS P5Q-E, and the CPU is a Q9300 @ 3.0 (was @2.5 stock). But I wanna know if this is the highest I can safely O.C. it, I bumped the FSB Freq from 333, up to 398 (which is @ 3.00), and I checked the temps, and they're all still really low :D, so I should be able to push it harder, but my motherboard supports up to 1600 FSB. Is that the frequency? because my frequency is only 398, but my other FSB is nearly at 1600. So which one does my MoBo support up to 1600? Thanks.

Also since my MoBo supports up to 1600FSB, and it's nearly at 1600 right now, I tried to lower the multiplier, and raise the FSB Freq, but the FSB will stay at almost 1600, so am I doing it wrong?

That just means Native FSB of the CPU, not when overclocked... you can go higher

Ok, sounds good, Well I just O.C'd it up to 3.2 now, which the FSB is at 1709 (the native is 1600), but my temp is still awesome :D, so I know I can push it harder. But is it possible to go too high on the FSB, and screw something up? because if not, I surely can push it up to around 3.4 atleast probaly. Thanks.

If you crash it or it becomes unstable then go back into the bios and up the voltage. Also make sure your ram isn't being pushed too hard.

run orthos or prime95 to test the OC.

AHH CRAP! Does anyone know what I can do now? I have O.C.'d it up to 3.25, and now when it boots, I press del (to get into bios), but it don't go to the bios, and once I enter my OS, it bluescreens, I'm guessing I need more Voltage, but I cannot get into bios to raise it higher. So do I have to move the jumpers now? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom