Windows XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
Yes, I know that there have been many threads about this in the past few weeks, but i wanted a "fresh thread."

anyways, automatic downloads just downloaded xp sp2 for me and its waiting for me to click install . . .

have all the bugs and stuff been fixed?

No idea !!

But it has put my previously 7 days left to activate back up to 30 days left to activate !! Gives me another 3 weeks to find a solution.

Cheers Bill ;)

I find it really hard to download and install programs and videos from the internet with all the "safety" crap SP2 gives you automatically cancelling most downloads. Even after I finally get the items downloaded, then it won't install like it should. I didn't even use the firewall and antivirus, being that I use McAfee suite as my primary protection. Other than that, no bugs I have seen.

if ur pc is working fine now, i would wait, its firewall and all is real annoying, and too much safety crap. They treat us like we dont know shit bout pcs. None of this crap on linux, u gota do it urself, but its more stable anyways, hehe.

But back to the point, i would wait.

Hi. I've installed a fresh Win XP Pro on my comp yesterday, including everything, but SP2. Before I reinstalled windows I tested XP's SP2 on my computer. It have a lots of new security things, like pop up blocker, etc. But I didn't find any problems with it. The firewall, that everybody fear of, is can be disabled, the same thing about pop up blocker, I also had no promlems while installing applications.
So I just do not install this yet, because I also fear from different bugs that I maby didn't recognize before.

So, I will wait some days.

Anybody who have opinions and experience with SP2. You are welcome to post your ideas :)

Thanks
-AndreiD

i heard that if you use p2p, SP2 can be problematic, it limits max allwed connections on your machine, im not sure if this was fixed, but if not you have to crack the tcpip.sys file to make it work correctly, if you leave it, p2p will lose about 80% preformence.

then that means it was only a probelem in the beta, the official wount have that kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom