HD2600 XT or Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

m6qrp

In Runtime
Hey guys, i was planning on upgrading my P4 comp's graphics card. Ive got two options;

A Sapphire HD2600XT 256MB DDR3 AGP8X

or

A HIS HD2600Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP8X

I'm getting it second-hand from my friend for the same price. Which is better of the two? I will be playing CSS, BF2142 and maybe Crysis on low to medium settings. High for CSS maybe.

Also, im pairing it up with a P4 2.8 and 1GB of ram. Would this set up cause any bottle necking?

I dont think youll be playing Crysis, but the XT is meant to be a much better performer. Even if it has half the vram.

AT 22", youre gonna want 512Mb ram.

But then again, the 128bit bus isnt gonna let you take advantage of the extra vram. Most likely you play game at a lower res, so i would go with the XT.

thanks for your reply.wont it run crysis at low settings? im gona be playing on a 19" crt. wouldnt the ddr3 be better than the ddr2? Is the performance between the two significant cause i just checked, its ten bucks difference.

will it cause any bottle necking?

thanks.

I thought the 2600XT was just the 2900XT with some features disabled. So its the same core as the 2900XT. While the "Pros" just failed in comparison with the XT's.

Go with the 2600XT you won't regret it.

thanks for the input guys, in that case ill go with the 2600XT. Btw it should work with an Intel 865GBF rite???

Thanks

It'll work, but you really should have checked out the 8600gt and GTS (8600gt > HD 2600XT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom