dont know wether to build or buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got a choice to build a pc or to buy one, i like building as i find it enjoyable etc etc if i was to build one id buy a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz 1333MHz 12MB Cache

or this bad boy its from a company called overclockers they mod pc's, i could overclock but i dont trust myself i may blow it up or burn it up in flames the link to the pc is here

"Ultima OC 280 GTX" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ QX6950+ 3.00GHz+ Quad Core DDR2 System

this is a q6600 with only 6mb Cache but its overclocked as ****, so will my cpu that im building be better more faster or the one im going to buy considering its got 6mb cache more

is there a huge advantage if both the cpus were the same clock but one had 12mb cache 45nm and the other was 65nm with 6mb cache

qhy does it say qx6950... its 6850... lol

and overclocking to 3.0ghz IS INCREDIBLY EASY.... heck you could do 3.2ghz everyday use with stock cooler if you wanted to!

i guess its not a bad price through, considering gtx280 alone is about $500(roughly 1000 of our american dollars!) for people in ur neck of the woods

and yes.. the cache and smaller die will make a 10-15 percent difference in performance

It looked like a great deal until I realized that it was in pounds. I highly doubt that all those components put together is that much.

well considering in the uk you get everything for the same amount lbs for dollars

an gtx280 there is 450 pounds.. a gtx280 here is 450 dollars.... they're products are highly overpriced compared to what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom