Heatshrink tubing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
I was trying to do a massive project with cable management on my new build... I wasnt really sure on what products to purchase.. I was told heatshrink tubing is best but I am not sure if I should buy another product that would accomplish the same duty. More or less what do you recommend for cable management besides just cable ties and what website can I locate this information?

Thanks for the sites.. Ill check them out. Also, for the heat shrink tubing.. Do you need a heat shrink gun or can you use a hairdryer or something that emits heat to allow for the shrinking of the tubing?

As mentioned, heat gun is best. Also good to check your local electrical supply, they should have a bunch of different options for wire management and sleeving for you. My local place had tons of options, much more than you find in modding sites.

Thanks for the sites.. Ill check them out. Also, for the heat shrink tubing.. Do you need a heat shrink gun or can you use a hairdryer or something that emits heat to allow for the shrinking of the tubing?

u can use a lighter, but be very careful..
if u want to get a heat gun, i know craft stores have them, ppl who do stamping use them for something... idk what

as for cable sleaving i would get it here:
Wire Management : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

On small jobs the barrel of a soldering iron works. On car wiring I used a propane torch on heatshrink with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom