4870 X2 flicker.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always hated XP. Was too unstable for my liking. Yeah it's probably a lot more stable now than it was a while ago, and apparently there's a bunch of tweaking you can do to make it run decent but I don't want to deal with the hassle.
Wish they'd just release a **** OS that worked properly out of the box lol. Guess I'm a dreamer.

And besides, I happen to like the DX10 look of the game. yeah you can do the pseudo-dx10 in xp to almost replicate em but it just doesn't do it for me. and yeah the difference between 9 and 10 is negligable to a lot of people, but what gets me in videogames these days is the small things. the polish i guess.

It's like a nice coat of wax on a new car. The car is great just the same, but the wax puts a nice shine on it. XD

XP as an OS is very stable.....its third party drivers that can really mess things up, unfortunately.

In a perfect world, everything would just work correctly all the time.

this pseudo-dx10 for dx10 xp, how good is it? even though vista runs great on my 2gb ram, might think of going back to xp, if thats just as good as the genuine dx10.

<Having Played crysis on both Vista and XP, XP using an auto config file that allowed the dx10 settings, I couldn't tell the difference, other than that XP got higher FPS.

I say, try it out for yourself, only you can be the judge.

<Having Played crysis on both Vista and XP, XP using an auto config file that allowed the dx10 settings, I couldn't tell the difference, other than that XP got higher FPS.

I say, try it out for yourself, only you can be the judge.

yeah I agree with Ste. Try it for yourself. I took a look at dx10 vs dx9+ in warhead and could notice enough of a difference to warrant a 10fps drop by sticking with 10.

try out the new catalyst 9 beta drivers, see how taht treats you.. i've read great improvements on crysis

i'm going to give them a try tonite... though i'm using xp...

and on a side note

i'm absolutely in love with my 4850 crossfire, i can't imagine your 4870x2... i may have to sell my babies for one of em! lol

the 4870 x2 is the most amazing piece of hardware i've ever owned. lol

where you get those beta drivers? I usually just d'l from guru3d but they don't have em up, not does ati.amd.com :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom