Connection needs frequent repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
I have a desktop computer (running 64bit xp) receiving internet through a laptop(running xp pro). On the laptop i have the wireless connection from the router bridged with the local area connection to my desktop pc. Every 5-15 minutes I need to repair the connection on my desktop to continue using the internet.

I have tried using a wireless bridge, but the connection is very inconsistent. I cant get a constant fast connection, but with this connection i do not completely lose connectivity ever. Based on this info I'd assume that the problems lie with my crappy wireless bridge or the bridged connection on my laptop and NOT the desktop computer itself. (obviously i could be wrong.. who knows?)

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the connection between the desktop and the laptop to fail?

Make sure the connection between the desktop commputer and the laptop uses static ip addresses. e.g. assign them manually, don't use dhcp.
Then yeah, it sounds like you're doing the rest fine already (bridge that connection with the connection between your laptop and the router)

I already had a static IP address set, that didn't solve the problem, still frequent disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom