Intel Mobo Recommandation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes just CPU and RAM needs a decent board

err i read this as one of the review

"Memory support. The board is listed as being able to support DDR2-667 through 1066. I put 2gb worth of Corsair DDR2-800, and had constant trouble POST'ing. Every component would recognize, but either the HD or DVD drive would quit responding during Windows setup. After windows installed, I was able to login about 3 times out of 100 tries. Again, failed/froze during POST. Finally had to UNDERCLOCK memory @ 667, and it worked first time."

does this mean it wont support my 4gb ram?

Nah, most reviewer's are just idiots who claim to know stuff about PC's but then don't know crap...

but can you show which 4gb Kit you have because some are really bad..

Nah, most reviewer's are just idiots who claim to know stuff about PC's but then don't know crap...

but can you show which 4gb Kit you have because some are really bad..

its this one. I think you recommanded it to me on my last thread actually :D

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

ok, so ive been reading more on the review for the biostar mobo. People are saying that the mobo is great, but i should update the bios right away because it has problems reading the ram.

How do i update the bios for my hardwares? do i just go to the company website and find my series and download whatever i need to and install it?

EDIT: actually going to go with this ram

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom