StimulateSituate

Baseband Member
hey i need to get a mobo for kind of cheap :p
the processor will be a intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz
i will have 4 gb of ram so the mobo needs to be able to support that of course

this computer will be for gaming

any suggestions?

cheap as in under 200? if so here.
Newegg.com - DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

all good boards to consider. i dont liek the mid raneg asus boards personaly id only vouch for there high end stuff after owning high and mid from them the mid just wasnt enough.

cheap as in under 200? if so here.
Newegg.com - DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

all good boards to consider. i dont liek the mid raneg asus boards personaly id only vouch for there high end stuff after owning high and mid from them the mid just wasnt enough.

cheap as in AROUND $100

i am curious. in what ways does a mobo effect the performance of a gaming computer?

diferent raid capabilities more usb ports better energy efficiency, all sorts of things, and a better board will allow better overclocking but really the chipset matters most for that.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

and

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Just better boards can overclock better, and can get better performance (by like 1 FPS though) also you get like Multiple PCI-e connectors and such

o so it seems like mobo is not that important. Well as long as you dont get an el cheapo one lol. Thank you very much vernong for the suggestion. the cheap cost of the biostar has put a big smile on my face

Okay, my boyfriend has decided that he wont mind spending extra $50 if the computer will be much better.. so i might still get the ASUS series that we were going to get before... BUT we will probably not be doing any Overclocking. So what should i get? the biostar or the ASUS? Will the bigger cost of the ASUS even be worth it if we dont plan on really overclocking?

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

No overclocking? stick with the P43, and save that $50 for something else like a better GPU or Cooling or case or something

No overclocking? stick with the P43, and save that $50 for something else like a better GPU or Cooling or case or something

ooooo, okay. :D

well this thread has made me curious about few things. First, what is "raid" that poizen is talking about? Second, when you say overclocking do you mean overclocking the board or overclocking anything (i bet this is a stupid question... but i am new at this). We might try overclocking the graphics card later but we are still unsure (it will depend on how hard overclocking a graphics card would be).

o yea, and i am getting a 2x2gb ram. that will work fine on this mobo right? spec says it supports up to 8 gb :)eek:)

You don't need a good board to overclock the BIOS, that's done through software so the board doesn't matter..

RAID is "Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks" meaning you can take multiple HD's and put it in an array that can be used for extra HD speed or ultra backup (or both), yes it will work with 4gb

You don't need a good board to overclock the BIOS, that's done through software so the board doesn't matter..

RAID is "Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks" meaning you can take multiple HD's and put it in an array that can be used for extra HD speed or ultra backup (or both), yes it will work with 4gb

oic. learning new things everyday :p

so what do you need a good mobo for to overclock? processor? ram?

gave you a kudos :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom