8GB and overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it isn't actually mine it was on google, I actully have though an 8600GT soon to be nagas GTS mind..

you and your outdated 8800gtx's :p

outdated? Its still one of the most powerful single cards out there and in terms of single GPUs are concerned isnt that out performed by a 9 series card or the equavalent ati card out today, and its 2 years old!

The old gtx:

msi-8800gtx-front.jpg

outdated? Its still one of the most powerful single cards out there and in terms of single GPUs are concerned isnt that out performed by a 9 series card or the equavalent ati card out today, and its 2 years old!

hey... it was a joke.. in case you've forgetten... I'VE OWNED 3!!!!

i in no way think the 8800gtx is outdated... lol

I get 35 fps on crysis on high 4aa with my amd x2 2.2 ghz.. but i have a gtx 260 (bottleeneckk looool) but i will be honest, i had 2 gigs and jumped to 4 (minus whatever 32 bit takes away) and i did see a performance increase (35 fps talking with the 4gb) but my ram sucks at mhz lol, its liek 400 or somethin.

If your running 4gb's at 1066 or even 800 your fine. You will need more later, and 8gb would give you some performance boost but not another friekin $150 or $100 or whatever, just wait till it gets cheap anyhow then maybe youll need it by then

I get 35 fps on crysis on high 4aa with my amd x2 2.2 ghz.. but i have a gtx 260 (bottleeneckk looool) but i will be honest, i had 2 gigs and jumped to 4 (minus whatever 32 bit takes away) and i did see a performance increase (35 fps talking with the 4gb) but my ram sucks at mhz lol, its liek 400 or somethin.

If your running 4gb's at 1066 or even 800 your fine. You will need more later, and 8gb would give you some performance boost but not another friekin $150 or $100 or whatever, just wait till it gets cheap anyhow then maybe youll need it by then

Hmm thanks for the informative information, 4 gigs probably also helps with any stuttering too. I currently plan to wait until novemeber to see if any good deals come out. Right now I plan to either get another expensive 2 gig sets of my HZ ram to make things easy, or get a whole brand new 4 gig set and hope everything works accordingly.

At best I hope to spend an addition 50 for another 2 gigs, right now another 2 gigs of HZ is like $109

back again guys with a bit of bad news

i got the ram and spent the last few days trying to get it stable without a overclock, for the most part it worked for about 5-10 mins with out a problem the it gave me the BSoD, other times it wouldent boot up

so i had no choice but to send it back, i lost out on £30 because of it sending it back but i know know its not compatable, on the other hand i found i have the GA-P35-DS3R rev 2.0, instead of the rev 2.1 that the ram is compatiable with

BUT

not to put a downer on the thread now its grew in to this, lets keep it going even though the main point of it has gone (not a happy person now because of it)

back again guys with a bit of bad news

i got the ram and spent the last few days trying to get it stable without a overclock, for the most part it worked for about 5-10 mins with out a problem the it gave me the BSoD, other times it wouldent boot up

so i had no choice but to send it back, i lost out on £30 because of it sending it back but i know know its not compatable, on the other hand i found i have the GA-P35-DS3R rev 2.0, instead of the rev 2.1 that the ram is compatiable with

BUT

not to put a downer on the thread now its grew in to this, lets keep it going even though the main point of it has gone (not a happy person now because of it)

Oh sorry to here that what a bummer, I also have the gigabyte P-35 DS3R, and although at one time I knew, I no longer remember what revision I had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom