4870 X2 flicker.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
pm'd the email Ste.

and I haven't a clue what my average FPS is. ran smooth so I never bothered checking. I'll post back in a bit XD

umm i dunno if its just me, or do catalyst 8.9 drivers suck.. i can't even get crysis to start on vista 32 bit.... the game just completely crashes and causes my computer to restart

i don't think it's just you. I had a couple red screens of death on exiting warhead. never seen a red screen before. was weird as ****. puter restarted itself right after.

And i just played through the first 5 min, seems the fps was between 19-24. not nearly as high as i thought it was. looks pretty **** smooth even at 20.

can't wait till new gear gets here tomorrow. I've had a sneaking suspicion something in the current rig isn't performing up to par ever since I got the Gx2.

umm i dunno if its just me, or do catalyst 8.9 drivers suck.. i can't even get crysis to start on vista 32 bit.... the game just completely crashes and causes my computer to restart

Drivers are always hit or miss.

My experience you ask?

Ive at one point or another have had the 8.9 betas, 8.8 official and 8.9's installed on both 32 bit xp and 64 bit vista and I have had
NO problems.

with either crysis game, COD4, supreme commnader, farcry, zero hour...

Like I said, its hit or miss.

Roll back your drivers. catalyst 8.9 are really unstable. its not the hardware, and its not the game. ATI made a real stinker this time. I hope catalyst 9 will be better.

ok the autoconfig file worked like a charm. Thanks a ton Ste!!! running at 1920x1200 perfectly.
@wild - all enthusiast except motion blur and shadows on gamer, no aa or af and averaging 18-22. As weird as this sounds thats fully playable and not bad at all lol. 30 would be ideal but I won't complain, looks beautiful.
When the snow period hits that'll probably drop to like 12-18 or something though :/

Hrmm that doesn't seem right for no AA/AF or motion blur.

Should be higher..

What is your max and mins?

Edit: Im getting an average of like 28-34 same settings except for 2X AF.
Though it is on XP.

Just played through the part where you're buddies jet crashes and you run to pick up the flight recorder off the seat. It's raining and lots of shooting so figured that'd be a good test run. lowest was 17.5 and highest was 26.3.

DX10 vista giving like a 30-40% performance hit over xp? :/

edit* just read thought TweakGuides.com - Crysis Warhead Tweak Guide checkin out all the stuff, and apparently yeah, the performance drop in DX10 is even more pronounced than in the original crysis.

has some cool comparrison images and the usual info on how to tweak DX9 to pseudo-enthusiast settings for a performance boost.

I'll deal with the hit. :/ if it gets on my nerves that much, or if its more pronounced in FC2... I'll just get a 4870 and crossfirex :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom